- Ph.D., Ocean Engineering (Structural), Florida Atlantic University
- M.S., Structural Engineering, Bharathiar University, India
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Bharathiar University, India
- Registered Professional Engineer (Structural) in the state of FL (License Number 84175)
- Member, Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI), serves in DC-20 Building Design Committee, DC-80 Repair, Rehabilitation & Strengthening Committee, and M-10 Unbonded Tendon Committee
- Member, American Concrete Institute (ACI), serves in Prestressed Concrete Joint ACI-ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Committee 423, Assessment, Repair and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures Committee 562, and Specifications for Repair of Concrete in Buildings Committee 563
- Member, Precast Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI), serves as Consulting Member of Technical Committee on Buildings
- Member, ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), serves in ASCE 7-22 General Chapter Sub-Committee and Task group on Seismic Sub-Committee
- Member, Alumni Advisory Board Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatics Engineering, FAU.
- Sivakumar, M., Eric Search “Alternate Solution Using Post-Tensioning for Change-in-use of an Existing Building” PTI Journal, PTI, Volume 13, No.2, pp. 47-52, Dec. 2017.
- Sivakumar, M., “Post-Tensioning – Codes Vs Practices; a Need for Trained Engineering Professionals” PTI Journal, PTI, Volume 12, No.2, pp. 43-47, Dec. 2016.
- Arockiasamy, M., D.V. Reddy, Sivakumar, M., and M. Shahawy, “Behavior of Single Cell Box Bridges Subjected to Cyclic Loading and Temperature Changes”, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE, Volume 13, Issue 3, pp. 118-127, August. 2008.
- Arockiasamy, M., and Sivakumar, M., “Time-Dependent Behavior of Continuous Composite Integral Abutment Bridges”, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE, Vol. 10 No.3, Aug. 2005.
- Arockiasamy, M., and Sivakumar, M., “Effects of Restraint Moments in Integral Abutment”, the 2005 FHWA Conference, Integral Abutment and Joint Less Bridges (IAJB 2005) Baltimore, MD, March 2005.
- Arockiasamy, M., Butrieng. N., and Sivakumar, M., “State-of-the-art of Integral Abutment Bridges: Design and Practice”, Journal of Bridge Engineering. ASCE, Vol. 9 No. 5, Sept-Oct 2004.
- Arockiasamy, M., and Sivakumar, M., “Design Implications of Creep and Shrinkage on Integral Abutment Bridges”, ACI Convention, Spring 2005, NY. (Also published under ACI Special Publications SP 227 Creep and Shrinkage of Concrete, Co-Editors N.J. Gardner and Jason Weiss, pp85-106)