Jonathon began his career as a ‘trainee adjuster’ with De Olazabal Insurance Adjusters in 2007, later obtaining his all-lines adjusting license in 2008.
Throughout his carrier as an independent adjuster, Jonathon worked for multiple large national insurance carrier and independent adjusting firm, fostering long-standing relationships throughout the industry. His clients included companies such as American Strategic Insurance Company (ASI), Tower Hill, Cypress Insurance, Florida Insurance Guarantee (FIGA), Penn National, Auto Owners, State Farm, and Citizens Property Insurance.
While working with Citizens Property Insurance, Jonathon assisted in testing the Managed Claim Model (MCM) program during its initial roll-out, assessing damage amounts and determining coverage. During his tenure with Citizens Property Insurance, Jonathon held multiple roles, including independent field adjuster, and mediation specialist. Jonathon eventually accepted an offer for a full-time position at Citizens, handling DFS and litigation mediations throughout litigious Miami-Dade County where his responsibilities included analyzing risk exposure, creating and implementing case-specific dispute resolution strategies, managing loss adjustment expenses, assessing and applying coverage, and handling negotiations with plaintiff counsels and public adjusters.
In 2017, Jonathon was deployed to the Florida Keys following Hurricane Irma as a claims examiner, reviewing field adjuster file submissions, assigning experts, determining coverage, issuing payments, and managing loss adjustment expenses. For his work in this role, he was awarded the 3rd Quarter ACE Award for Claims Handling Excellence, and later earned the annual 2017 ACE Award for Claims Handling Excellence. In his final position with Citizens Property Insurance, Jonathon managed Quality Assurance for all independent and staff field adjusters in Broward County, closely working with management personnel in review of claims-handling analytics to improve on field adjuster quality metrics.
In early 2018, Jonathon joined DDA Claims Management as a managing partner, bring his vast experiance and unique eye for file quality to the team. As a licensed Certified General Contractor with a robust claims handling background, Jonathon is uniquely suited to handle a multitute of residential and commercial losses.
Catastrophic Claims Experience
- Hurricane Ike, Houston, Texas; 2008
- Tornado/Hail Storm, Tennessee; 2011
- Tornado Storm, West Virginia; 2011
- Hail Storm, Centerville/Kettering, Ohio 2011
- Hurricane Isaac, New Orleans, Louisiana; 2012
- Tropical Storm Debbie, Florida; 2012
- Hurricane Irma; Florida; 2017
- Certified General Contractor (CGC1527183)
- Associates in Claims (AIC)
- Xactimate Certified Trainer
- HAAG Engineering – Residential Roof Inspector
- HAAG Engineering – Commercial Roof Inspector
- HAAG Engineering – Wind Damage Assessor
- Tile Roofing Institute (TRI) – High Wind Zone Tile Installer
- Thermographer Level I Certification
- Water Restoration Technician (WRT)
- Applied Structural Drying (ASD)