Edgard’s career in property claims began in 2005 in Catastrophe response to Hurricane Wilma, working within the Resolutions Unit for Citizens Property Insurance. Here, his role was that of a liaison between the Catastrophe Claims Department and homeowners, insurance agents, and public adjusters. This position involved working diligently in a high-pressure environment to identify breakdowns in claims-handling and to coordinate prompt resolution plans with multiple departments. This experience gave Edgard a unique perspective into the entire spectrum of claims-handling workflows and the many pitfalls that occur in every-day claims-handling that result in bottlenecks that drive down consumer satisfaction, and instead drive up expenses.
Having earned the trust from his clients for his commitment to accuracy and ability to resolve disputes fairly, Edgard has been named as the appraiser on over a thousand appraisals and loss consultant re-inspections for large insurance companies and on behalf of homeowners. Throughout that time, he has also been deployed to many other catastrophe events that have allowed him to personally inspect homes and buildings, often just a few days after catastrophes strike. This has given him the ability to see first-hand how various weather events such as hail, wind, hurricanes, and tornados affect homes of various types of building materials differently. He knows first-hand what true wind, hail, and water damage looks like because he bears witness to their catastrophic effect on communities.
Edgard later worked as the Director of Claims at an independent adjusting company overseeing approximately 25 adjusters throughout six States. He was responsible for dispatching claims, supervising field and review teams, and analyzing adjuster analytics to ensure compliance with client metrics. In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, his division grew to over 50 adjusters handling Catastrophic Claims Response for the Southeast Region, with the majority located throughout Florida.
Edgard has since focused on expert witness consulting, appraisal, umpire work, and the founding and management of DDA Claims Management. Having served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve from 2003-2009, his attention to detail and commitment to excellence is unparalleled.
Catastrophic Claims Experience
- Hurricane Wilma, South Florida; 2005
- Hurricane Ike, New Orleans, Louisiana; 2008
- Tornado/Hail Storm, Knoxville, Tennessee; May 2011
- Hailstorm, Xenia, Ohio; June 2011
- Hurricane Isaac, New Orleans, Louisiana; 2012
- Sewer Backup; Toronto, Canada; 2013
- Windstorm; Ontario, Canada; 2013
- Tornado/Hailstorm, Mason City, Iowa; 2014
- Hailstorm, Denver, Colorado; 2014
- Hailstorm, Galveston, Texas; 2015
- Hurricane Matthew, Southeastern US; 2016
- Masters’ in Business Administration, Finance, University of Miami
- Associates in Science, Economics, Florida State University
- Licensed General Contractor
- Certified Xactimate Affiliate Trainer
- Certified Level 3 (Mastery) Xactimate
- Licensed Property and Claims Agent and Adjuster
- Certified IICRC-WRT/ASD
- Water Restoration Technician (WRT)
- Applied Structural Drying (ASD)
- HAAG Certified Roof Inspector (Commercial and Residential)
- Certified TRI Florida High Wind Installer