Brian began his career as a ‘trainee adjuster’ with De Olazabal Insurance Adjusters in 2008 handling residential and commercial daily claims. Brian was handling every-day residential claims in South Florida when his career as a Claims Adjuster was given a positive push forward. In April 2010, Brian was deployed to handle business interruption claims in connection with the British Petroleum Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico. During his time in the Gulf regions of Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi, he worked side-by-side with the Price Waterhouse Cooper Forensic Accounting team as the head of the small business team to ensure proper claim filing to stay within internally calculated metric trends in order to maintain accurate claim payouts.
Brian then moved to work with Citizens Property Insurance litigation team as a Litigation Mediation Specialist. He excelled as a Claims Analyst and Resolution Strategist while representing Citizens as their Corporate Representative in over 1000 mediations, including limited representation testifying under oath during hearings and trials.
In April of 2016, Brian became a Certified Supreme Court Circuit/Civil Mediator and participated with the Department of Financial services mediation program giving him the ability to more fully assist in the resolution of pre-suit homeowner insurance claims. Brian has represented multiple insurance carriers as their Corporate Representative in over 1000 mediations, including limited representation in testifying under oath during hearings and trials. His greatest strengths are negotiating claims for settlement in both pre-litigation claims and litigation suits, developing defense strategies and providing testimony as an expert witness in commercial and residential claims.
Catastrophic Claims Experience
- BP Oil Spill, Gulf of Mexico; 2010
- Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey; 2012
- Hurricane Irma, Florida; 2017
- Bachelors’ Degree in Economics/International Trade Theory Florida International University.
- Certified Florida Supreme Circuit Court Civil Mediator.
- All Lines Adjuster’s License in the States of Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, North and South Carolina, Minnesota, Indiana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and Kentucky.
- HAAG Residential Certified Inspector
- Xactimate 27/28 Estimating System
- Citizens Certified Residential/Commercial Adjuster
- State Farm Certified Residential/Commercial Adjuster
- Allstate Certified Residential/Commercial Adjuster
- IICRC Water Damage Restoration License